Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark book 8) by Kresley Cole


I'm a bit late reading Pleasure of a Dark Prince, I normally read this series closer to the release date. I think I'd grown a bit lukewarm about the series. Each book is written to sort of be a stand alone, as well as being part of the series. There is an overall plot arc that we are heading towards, and I get the feeling that the pieces we are gathering along the way are pretty important, but I also think that reading the books so far apart, that I'm not retaining enough for the pieces to mean as much. This series might be better if I'd waited until it was complete and then read all of the books at once.

With that being said, I really enjoyed Pleasure of a Dark Prince, and I'm looking forward to the next book, Demon from the Dark, with a bit more enthusiasm. It's due out August 24, so we've only got five months left to wait.

One of the interesting things that happens with this series is that occasionally we go back in time, so that we see what was happening to someone else at the same time the events from a previous book happened. Pleasure of a Dark Prince is one of those books, where we finally see Lucia and Garreth's story. We've been aware of them in previous books, and Pleasure of a Dark Prince lets us see exactly what happens between them.


I read Pleasure of a Dark Prince in two evenings, staying up later than planned on the second night in order to finish. There is humor, romance, suspense, intrigue, and travel to interesting places. The prose is (as always for this series) good, the plot is excellent, the pacing is well done, and it was an enjoyable read.

I'm giving Pleasure of a Dark Prince an 8 of 10, and I'm keeping the series at an 8 of 10 as well.


Book Rating: Pleasure of a Dark Prince: 8 of 10
Series Rating: Immortals After Dark: 8 of 10



1. A Hunger Like No Other
2. No Rest for the Wicked
3. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
4. Dark Needs at Night's Edge
5. Dark Desires After Dusk
6. Kiss of a Demon King
7. Deep Kiss of Winter
8. Pleasure of a Dark Prince
9. Demon from the Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment