Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Under Her Skin by Jeaniene Frost, Ilona Andrews, and Meljean Brook

 
Under Her Skin anthology

I read two stories in the Under Her Skin anthology.

Pack by Jeaniene Frost captured me fairly quickly and held me. Ms. Frost usually writes vampires, but it turns out she is capable of writing werewolves, too. I give this story a 9 of 10.

Grace of Small Magics by Ilona Andrews didn't grab me quite as strongly, though I was still intrigued by the characters. I'll give this story an 8 of 10.

To my knowledge, neither of these short stories fits in with any of these authors' established series, so don't get the book thinking you'll be getting insight into a secondary character you already know.

If you've got a spare evening and want to read a few well written short stories then this would be a good anthology to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment