Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rising Moon (Nightcreature Novel, Bk 6) by Lori Handeland


I wasn't sure who was speaking when the book started out. At first I thought maybe Cassandra had a sister who was out there looking for her, but at some point I realized the times weren't right (this sister had been missing three years, and was just out of high school when she disappeared), and then when Detective Sullivan looked at the picture and didn't recognize her, I knew for sure that it wasn't the case. I was pretty sure by then, but that was the final nail that made it impossible.

This means I was again blind during the beginning of the book with brand new characters, people I didn't know. Eventually we get Cassandra and then Edward and then a few of the other New Orleans Jager-Suchers that we already know. And there are a few twists that came at me out of left field, things I didn't understand until they were actually explained. Things that are spoilers, so I can't talk about them. I'm usually good at figuring out that sort of thing, and yet I didn't figure it out at all in this book. Very clever. I loved it.

This book also furthers the series along some, so I'll raise the series rating from a 7 to an 8. The book gets a 9 of 10, it was very good, even if I was blind at the beginning. This was another book that was hard to put down until I reached the end. Not enough to make me stay up late and finish it, I did put it down to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, but I finished it first thing this morning before the rest of the house was awake.

Book Rating: 9 of 10
Series Rating: 8 of 10





Blue Moon (2004)
Hunter's Moon (2005)
Dark Moon (2005)
Crescent Moon (2006)
Midnight Moon (2006)
Rising Moon (2007)
Hidden Moon (2007)
Thunder Moon (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment