Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Re-Reading through a series

I've spent the last two weeks reading through the Stephanie Plum books again. All fourteen books, back to back. I highly recommend it. Reading them back to back gives a different perspective on some of the relationships. I reviewed the series here, it's not a super deep series. It's just pure entertainment. The next book, Finger Lickin' Fifteen, is due for release in late June.

Before I read the Plum series again, I re-read all of the Kitty Norville books by Carrie Vaughn since I'm eagerly anticipating the next two books in the series soon to be released: Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand and Kitty Raises Hell. I'm glad I read the first four books again, there was a lot that I'd forgotten. Of course, now I'm that much more anxious for the next two books, but it's all good. If you haven't read this series yet I highly recommend it (you can read my review of it here). I didn't read this series for a while because the titles sounded kind of fluffy. But this isn't a fluffy series, it's a very good series.

I started reading through the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs again yesterday since the fourth book in this series, Bone Crossed, is due out next week. Again, I think re-reading is a good thing, as I'm almost through the first book and there are a whole lot of details I doubt I'd have remembered without the re-read. I reviewed this series here if you aren't familiar with it.

I will likely re-read Kelley Armstrong's first Nadia Stafford book, Exit Strategy, before the second book in the series, Made to Be Broken, comes out in late February. If you missed my review of the first book you can catch it here.

And finally, I haven't decided what to do about re-reading the Rachel Morgan / Hollows series. I don't want to give spoilers for those who haven't read the series yet, but I just don't have the heart to go back through some of it. I may end up just re-reading the last book, The Outlaw Demon Wails, in preparation for the next book, White Witch, Black Curse.

I haven't re-read any of the Women of the Otherworld books in anticipation of the Men of the Otherworld release this week. I also didn't re-read any of the Immortals after Dark series in anticipation of Kiss of a Demon King. I think I've got a good enough handle on both of those series to read the next book without a re-read of their respective series.

No comments:

Post a Comment