Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Partial Review: Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

 

There are no spoilers in this post about the book being reviewed. However, if you are not caught up with the Dresden series prior to Side Jobs, then you probably don't want to continue reading. If you've read to the end of Changes though, then you're fine.


I've been looking forward to the release of Side Jobs since I finished Changes. We were told that Aftermath, a story within the Side Jobs anthology, would begin a few hours after the conclusion of Changes.

And that was correct. Aftermath does indeed begin a few hours after the events at the end of Changes. Unfortunately, it gives us no clues about what happens to Dresden next.

I loved the story though - hearing things from Karrin Murphy's point of view was a nice change.

I'll do a complete review of Side Jobs when I've read the rest of the book. I really enjoyed Aftermath, but I'm disappointed that we'll have to wait until April when Ghost Story  is released to find out what happens to Harry Dresden. We know that Jim Butcher has planned for somewhere around 20 books, so I have to believe that Harry will find a way to survive. Or be brought back to life. Mab owns him now, she's not going to let him die.

Or that's what I keep telling myself.

.

1 comment:

  1. Your point about Mab is spot on. It's what I've said from the moment Harry was "killed". Remember Mab's knight that was tortured for so long, but couldn't die? Mab holds Harry's life in her hands, and she ain't letting her knight get away that easily.

    ReplyDelete