Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine, Book 4) by Lilith Saintcrow




Saint City Sinners is the fourth of five books in the Dante Valentine series.

This series is strongly in the realm of Dark Urban Fantasy. I'm not going to make the mistake of saying that surely it can't get any darker, because I have a feeling it can. With the final book being called To Hell and Back, it's probably a given that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The plot keeps moving and twisting, it's almost a moving target as it turns back on itself and morphs into something else. One more book and I'll know how it ends. At this point I'm exhausted by reading it and can only hope that the series ending is worth the emotions I've spent on the characters and the story thus far.

Here is the blurb from the author's site.

When an old friend calls in a favor, even the Devil’s latest demands take a backseat. Dante Valentine is coming home to Saint City, and she’s in for a surprise. Because one of her few remaining human friends is dead–and Danny’s framed for it.

The killers think they have an easy target. It’s an expensive mistake–because now Dante’s not just mad, she’s out for revenge too…


I'm going to give Saint City Sinners an 8 of 10. But I think I'm going to keep the series at a 7 of 10. I can easily see the series rating going to an 8 if the series ending ties all of the plots up nicely, but I need to see it all tied up before I can do that.

Book Rating: 8 of 10
Series Rating: 7 of 10





1. Working for the Devil
2. Dead Man Rising
3. The Devil's Right Hand
4. Saint City Sinners
5. To Hell and Back

No comments:

Post a Comment