Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Unbound (Anthology) by Kim Harrison, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, and Vicki Pettersson




I'm guessing at this point that everyone who reads my blog knows that I'm not thrilled with the whole anthology concept. Unbound is no different, though slightly better since it's a paperback and they aren't asking us to spend the price of a hardback when I'm only interested in one or two short stories out of the whole book.

In this case, I was interested in the stories by Jeaniene Frost and Kim Harrison - and both of those stories were most excellent. For short stories.

In Kim Harrison's contribution, Ley Line Drifter, we finally get a story as told by Jenks. I have a feeling that this story is going to be critical to a future full length book in the Hollows series, as there were a few loose ends at the end of the book. But, all in all, it was a good story - an 8 of 10.

Jeaniene Frost' story, Reckoning, gives us the story of Bones' last adventure before meeting Cat. Complete with why his hair was platinum. Again, I'll give the story an 8 of 10. Possibly a bit more, as I don't think that reading this story is going to be critical to understanding a future book in the Night Huntress series.

I have not read the other stories in the book, so I'm not going to give the entire book a rating. If I see others ranting and raving about how good one of the other stories is then I'll check it out - otherwise, I'm not really that interested in the other stories.

Harper Collins has some of the book online, you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment