Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alpha and Omega Series by Patricia Briggs

This is a spin-off series to the Mercy Thompson books.

The beginning of the story is part of an anthology, which I'm a bit conflicted about. But, no one asked me. It's a good story, but having it as part of an anthology made me 1) pay full price for a short story and 2) makes it hard to sort on my bookshelf (do I put it with the Karen Chance books or the Patricia Briggs books or the other anthologies? For now it's with the other Briggs books).

The first full books is Cry Wolf and it picks up as Alpha and Omega from the anthology ends.

I didn't enjoy these books as much as I enjoyed the Mercy Thompson books, but I will continue to read them because they give the backstory to some of the characters that are important to Mercy.

Story Rating of Alpha and Omega: 8
Book Rating of anthology On the Prowl: 4
Book Rating of Cry Wolf: 7
Series Rating: 7

Alpha and Omega Series
1. Story started in Alpha and Omega in On the Prowl
2. First novel, Cry Wolf


No comments:

Post a Comment