Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga 4) by Stephenie Meyer

This is one of my top ten favorite series.

Breaking Dawn is the fourth and final book in The Twilight Saga. The author has said she may write more books set in this universe, but this is Bella's final chapter.

I thought I had an idea of how the fourth book was going to play out. I was surprised though because the author took off in a direction I hadn't even imagined possible. Very pleasantly surprised. I loved the book, and I love the way the series ended. Had this book not been well done then it would have messed up the other books for me (for later reading). But now, knowing how it ended, when I go back and reread the series later I'll be able to enjoy them just as much as I did the first time. Maybe more, since the second book doesn't hurt as bad to read it now as it did that first time.

I'm not sure if this series is first a romance and second a vampire story, or first a vampire story and second a romance. Either way, I love both the happy parts and the sad parts, though I hated most of the sad parts as I was reading them.

This is another series that is being taken beyond the realm of books, but this one is headed for the big screen, opening day is December 12th of this year.

The Twilight Series is technically a young adult series (so no graphic sex in these books), but as with Harry Potter I think as many adults have read it as teens. Maybe more.

For those who have read the books, you may be interested in reading the first chapter of Midnight Sun that is up on the author's website. It is the story told in Eclipse, but told from Edward's point of view. The link to the first chapter is at the bottom of the page. I'm hooked and can't wait for her to write the rest of it... but I'm appreciative of this little bit, as it helps me understand Edward so much more. (Don't read this if you haven't read Eclipse. You aren't supposed to understand Edward this well until you are a good ways through Eclipse.)

The books are long. Really long. Each book took me about as long to read as it usually takes me to read two or even three books. But they are incredible. I highly recommend them.

Series Rating: 10 out of 10
Book Rating: 10 out of 10



The Twilight Saga
1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment