Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 2) by Victoria Laurie

I finished the second book in this series and I was again pleased with my evening.

It was an enjoyable read with a plot that had enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. I liked the main character as well as the secondary characters, most of which I think are going to be sticking around for a while.

I really enjoyed watching Abby look at the responsibility that her gift gives her. I was a bit uncomfortable in the first book when she used her gift to help her sister with some catty society stuff (helping her beat her SIL to the punch on a party, and outdoing her on a gift for the in-laws). Abby didn't bat an eye at that, but in this book she is seriously concerned with not using her powers irresponsibly. I don't have a problem with any of the ways she uses her powers in the second book. I mean, sure she's into the gray area a few times, but she's up against some very bad people who are wanting to use her abilities for bad things. She's kind of between a rock and a hard place, and she does the best she can.

I gave the first book in this series an 8 out of 10 and I'll give the same to this one. And after only reading two books I'll give the same to the series.

Book Rating 8 of 10
Series Rating 8 of 10







Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye
Better Read Than Dead
A Vision of Murder
Killer Insight
Crime Seen
Death Perception

No comments:

Post a Comment