Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, Book 9) by Kelley Armstrong


This isn't a total review yet, since my UPS driver decided that my house doesn't exist so I didn't get it until late yesterday evening when I drove myself to the UPS office to get it. But, I've read enough to have a feel for it. (I could do a whole rant on UPS right now. I have an idiot for a driver in my area. It's been a problem all summer, but no one at UPS seems to care. Every third or fourth package has a problem. Sometimes he can find me, sometimes he can't. Grrrr.)

But, back to the book. First off, I like it where I'm at now, but I wasn't so sure about things in the beginning. One of the good things about reading a series is that you know most of the characters so picking one up is like getting to see an old friend again. This series is a bit different since different books focus on different people, but it has still mostly fit into that definition. Haven't we always met someone in one book before they get their own book? But this book started out with a bunch of people we haven't met before. And, it kept switching back and forth between them. I had a hard time getting engrossed in it.

Sure, we know Hope and Karl, but there are three or four other main players that we've never met before. And the book starts with them. One chapter for one of them, another chapter for another one, then another chapter for another one. It was hard to keep up.

I'm about two thirds of the way through now and I'm fully into it. It just took a while for me to get to the point where I was enjoying the book.

As of now, it's a good book and I wish I didn't have to go to work today. But, I do. So I'll probably get it finished late tonight.

I'll do a complete review when I'm through with it.






1. Bitten (2001)
2. Stolen (2002)
3. Dime Store Magic (2004)
4. Industrial Magic (2004)
5. Haunted (2005)
6. Broken (2006)
7. No Humans Involved (2007)
8. Personal Demon (2008)
9. Living with the Dead (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment