Home Series Ratings - Quick View Excerpts Anxiously Awaiting Review Policy Disclosure Policy

Reviews of books in a series, with a focus on urban fantasy.
Other genres include mystery, paranormal romance, and crime thrillers.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Rest for the Wicked (The Immortals After Dark, Bk 2) by Kresley Cole

The second book in the series probably has me hooked on the series. The depth of the long term story line, and the interconnectedness of the various characters has set this up to be an interesting series.

We met Kaderin the Coldhearted in the first book, and we learned what happened to make her coldhearted.

And in this book we get to know her a whole lot better.

This is her story, where she gets her very own HEA. But the storyline getting there is so much more than a normal romance.

We learned of the Talisman's Hie in the last book. We are told it's kind of like a supernatural version of The Amazing Race. Having never watched The Amazing Race, I don't know about that, but the Hie is quite a competition, and we get a first row seat for much of it.

I was conflicted about the first book, but I'm not conflicted about this one at all. I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next book.

I'll give the book a rating of 8 of 10. I'm not too sure about a series rating just yet, I think I'm going to wait until I've read the third book to get it a series rating.

Book Rating: 8 of 10




1. A Hunger Like No Other
2. No Rest for the Wicked
3. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
4. Dark Needs at Night's Edge
5. Dark Desires After Dusk
6. Kiss of a Demon King (Release date Feb 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment